Nicholas Rushton-Young FIBCM CBCP MBCI BCCE
Principal Consultant Business Continuity Crisis Security Management Asia Pacific Japan (APJ), Business Continuity International
Based in Hong Kong, Rushton is a seasoned industry recognised resiliency risk professional with extensive “hands on” delivery experience in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Crisis Management, Corporate Security, IT Security, Enterprise Risk, System Security Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Vendor & Facility Risk across APJ.
- Confident and controlled personality with a natural ability to be calm and targeted in highly stressful situations his work extends from helping MNC`s recovery during and after Bishops Gate & Dockland Bombings, through to 911 WTC, Mumbai terror attacks, Sri Lankan and Australian floods, New Zealand and Japan quakes, Thailand flooding.
- Supporting the Japanese president, and other senior leaders, Corp Com re drawer statements, global philanthropy, Nicholas worked with the Pentagon on extraction, and repatriation during the Fukushima event, where Nick was deployed for 8 weeks, running the local, regional and global command centers multiple times a day, to delivery of emergency food aid, and raising monies for disaster relief (children).
- Was awarded Business Continuity Crisis Manager of the year by Bank of America NA/Merrill Lynch.
- Beijing and, London Olympics Emergency Response Planning/plans for extraction of employees.
- An anti terrorist planning specialist, Nicholas prepares organisation on awareness and training, to risk assessments, and facility hardening.
- A seasoned industry recognised professional with extensive experience in Resiliency Risk covering 26 years, covering Crisis Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, IT, Operational Risk Management, Compliance, Facility, Vendor, and Supply Chain Management, Quality Health and Safety based on delivery through international standards;
- Nicholas seamlessly applies standards best practices to organisations ensuring the regions staff, and critical systems, facilities, and processes in 26 countries are protected against threats and any potential disruptive events.
- Nicholas delivers this to organisations through a disciplined application of scenario based crisis, and contingency planning, and simulations, technology and Work Area Recovery exercises. The application of a globally standardized model for delivery of business continuity crisis management, facilities security, executive protection, staff security, traveler tracking security.
- An on / offshore Survival expert, Emergency Response & Crisis expert
- Nicholas is ex British special forces